Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sans Socks

First off, I just made the best mook salad ever. Mook is acorn jelly and most foreigners hate it. I used to until i had it with Ms. Han, now I love the stuff. It's low in cal- has a weird but fun (think jello) texture and is super cheap. Cut some up with zucchini, sesame oil, soy sauce and hot peppers and I'm good to go. Yum.

Secondly, I have decided today that I give up socks. From now until the indefinite future, I can think of no need for them except running (for which I will wear them because who wears sneakers without socks? That just screams smelly feet). So you heard it first, no more socks for Lauren.

I had a super productive Thursday. Got up early went for a 9k run, watched 2 CFA videos, took a walk, did some practice problems, am off to teach my 1 class today (bus English) then it's off to Craftworks for the tapping of their new beer. I believe it's an IPA and the proceeds go to save the Jisan bears. Apparently there are only 10 wild ones left in Korea (they thought they were all gone until a couple years ago when they found a pack) because Koreans like to kill them to use their liver (?) bile for medicine. Apparently the medicine is BS, but the practice is engrained in the culture. Regardless, Im saving bears and gettin beers. No complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment