Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dear Korea,

It's been the best of times and the worst of times. We have had our highs; our lows; our extraordinary extraordinariness; our boring boringness.

But, you know what Korea? I'm going to miss you.

You have been my home. You have sheltered me from harm and provided me a wonderful jump off point to travel. You have introduced me to my future husband. You may have even impacted my child bearing decisions. And introduced me to some of the most interesting people in the world. I have met your children (pause, reflect, sensor), and although in bulk they are "challenging" they sure are cute. I have met your job recruiters; good luck with that.

You have showed me it's OK to eat bugs. It's OK to pass out in public. And it's damn certainly OK to push people when they're in your way.

Although, you have made me sick, and potentially ruined my lungs forever from all of your pollution, you have provided me cheap quality healthcare. And new teeth. And glasses.

You have showed me some of the most wonderful food in the world. And beers. And that you really don't understand sarcasm.

Korea, I love you. You will always have a huge place in my heart. I hope my small existence here has left a little with you as well. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Much Love,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment