Tuesday, July 14, 2009

locked down??

I received contract #3 today for a small school in Mapo-gu, Seoul. Hopefully this guy will pan out.
It's short working hours;9:40-5ish.
A small team of 6; 2 ex-pats, 4 Koreans.
Very small classes; < 10 kids.
And a standard salary; I tried to negotiate more but that was a no-go. I guess with no experience/credentials I don't have too much leverage.

If this one works out and doesn't bail on me, I will start September 5th. Maria- I will be back by September 18th I promise!!!

Oh and the Thailand job turned out to be not as enticing as I had originally hoped. They wouldn't pay airfare, there were only 4 teachers there who were all considerably older than myself, and the classes are 4-6 year olds who have never been away from home. I decided to pass even though I would have looked pretty sweet cruising Thailand by motorcycle :(

An introduction:
You'll probably hear more about Suzi in upcoming posts, so here's a little background. I've known Suzi since first grade when we used to fight over who was better friends with Caitlin (who neither of us keep up with now). We've since become close and stay in touch regularly. After doing the Peace Corp last year she's decided to move to Korea with her pup to be an English teacher!! She'll only be a few hours down the road and will definitely provide me some sanity when I'm in culture shock overload.



Here Suzi and I are at Obama's inauguration.


Today it's official; I am no longer in my early 20s. Off to the city now to celebrate reaching the quarter century mark. Have a great Bastille Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment