Wednesday, September 30, 2009

chuseok is awesome.

This week was my first holiday week in Korea. I felt like garbage all week, so it's been nice not having to talk or teach! It started on Monday with 3 birthdays and seemingly limitless cake and grapes, was followed up by Tuesday, game day. Game day we played group games in the play room all day and I didn't have a voice so Teacher Joel had to run the whole thing. Then we had lunch and they watched a movie. Ahhh bliss. Wednesday we celebrated Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving. All of the kids and teachers dresses up and did special activities all day. Jasmine and I headed up the art project, Claire cooked, and Joel and Jay played traditional games. Awesome. Work is great normally dress wise bc I can basically wear whatever I want (eg yoga pants) and they don't like you to wear shoes from outside inside, so I wear slippers all day. No more heels for this kid. But having everyone in costume made the day more exciting anyway. And we get Halloween here too.

I'm off school until next Tuesday so I'm off to Taipei, Taiwan, tomorrow evening. I can't wait. They have the world's tallest building, temples, hot springs and most exciting of all, COBRA ALLEY. I can't wait to see what that's all about. I picture the Beach where Leo is taking shots of snake's blood. Yey. I'll let you know next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment