Tuesday, September 8, 2009

random updates

Happy Birthday Maria!!!

So no word on my lost baggage. My recruiter has assured me they will find it and get it to me. It's been almost a week my friend. But on the bright side I think even in my morning haze of repacking I put mostly summer stuff in the box. Seasons are definitely turning here and I should be OK in terms of jeans and pants (which they don't make in tall people sizes here).

I'm in a coffee shop now where they're playing Radiohead. weird. Korean music is awesome by the way!!

The new apt pretty much blows but I was told that I get a new and "nicer" one on Friday. Hopefully that means it will be a bit bigger. If not, this one is definitely manageable, I'm just thinking come December it may get a bit stifling. It's close to the subway so that's been convenient. Also on Friday someone from my school will come get me a 4pm and bring me over to see it! I'm definitely ready to start teaching. I want to meet more people and just get into a routine. My routine now consists of waking up at 8, finding coffee, going online for an hour or two, then I hop on the metro and go to a stop I haven't previously been to. Get home, eat dinner, drink soju in bed while reading. I just finished Chelsea Handler's "My Life Horizontal" and am on Tucker Max's "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell," and they both have me laughing out loud. I'm pretty sure Ben Brady is Tucker Max.

Tomorrow Emily and I are going to see Building 63 (don't ask me what it is because I have not a clue) then I'm heading down to Beomgye (Bum Gay I was told) to meet a friend of a friend for drinks. I think it's like 40 minutes away via subway. Friday/Saturday Suzi comes into town and Saturday is the wine cruise. Things are starting to pick up.

Now what to do today. I think I may head over to the Seoul Tower. It's a space needley looking building in the middle of the city where you can go to the top and see forever. I guess I'll play it by ear and see where the subway takes me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment