Monday, December 21, 2009

it's that time of year...

...and I have been reflecting over my past year. Passed the CFA, quit my job, left DC, had the best stress-free summer at home, and moved to Asia to become a teacher. And that was only the last 6 months of the year!

New Year's Resolutions thus far:

1. Learn Korean!!
2. Update resume and weigh my career options in Seoul
3. Become a bboy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we had a special theme activity at school; "At the Post Office." Claire and I had the kids write letters to Santa then we pretended to be mail clerks and sold the kids stamps and had them mail the letters off. We had all of the kids in school before lunch then I had my normal Monday classes after, including Oak. I walk into my classroom and there are four pairs of eyes staring, tear free, up at me. No crying!! I inch my way to my chair, try not to make too much eye contact, and we start singing Christmas carols. Well I sang and they kind of hummed or talked over me. Then we colored. 35 minutes, alone with Lily, and NO TEARS. Knock on wood, I think the days of me horrifying this 3 year old are over.

Wednesday is cookie day!! We have our Christmas potluck (kids not teachers) and I'm leading a cookie decorating class. That's my last day living in Bongcheon and then I'm off to Vietnam for Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, I'll see ya in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment