Thursday, May 6, 2010

cinco de mayo

Sokcho was totally amazing! I just wandered around all day looking at the Yellow Sea and walking...I did a lot a lot of walking. I can't wait to go back when it's a bit warmer with a bigger group. The beaches look amazing.

This week was another whirlwind. Monday obviously turned into magkeolli Monday (it was raining!) then Tuesday, my long day, was the night before a holiday, so everyone went out. It turned into a 5 am night, and then Wednesday we were back at it again. It's a big holiday here; CHildren's Day. No one has work or school and I guess the idea is to do something with your kids. Most kids went to the movies, Everland, park, or something along those lines. The adults, however, use it as excuse to party! Not only was it Children's Day, but also Cinco De Mayo. After another failed attempt at brunch at La Vert (an hour wait for breakfast food!) we ran into Brad teacher and went over his roof to grill and chill. It was such a beautiful day and we had a great group of people just hanging out on the roof. Got through my 3 hours of work yesterday and now it's the weekend!!

This AM I got up early to take an hour 1/2 bus out to some outlets my coteacher told me about. I was walking up to the terminal to buy my ticket when my phone rings; Ms. Han. Yey! She's back!!! I haven't seen her in over a month, so I bailed on the shopping trip and agreed to meet her at 4:30. Instead of shopping for me, I went to Insadong, a traditional shopping village, and got Liz and Joe their wedding present. Check that off the to-do list! I also had some Yoga/Buddhist guy approach me and tell me I had good karma. Then he tried to get money from me...

Ugh but after walking all morning my hip is killing me again!! I feel like I'm 90. i haven't run since Tuesday to give it a break and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Perhaps I need a wheelchair. Or should just stop moving altogether. Ohh the agony and the race is only a month away. Congrats to Chetta, Maria, Ryan, Dave, Christina and crew for your endurance challenge!! I'm so proud of you guys, that seemed like quite the task. Miss you all and will be in touch soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment