Thursday, December 23, 2010

merry christmas!

I am typing this from my classroom at Cheonpa Elementary school. The kids are all circled around Paul's laptop (he had the movies) stuffing their faces with cookies and chips. Oh did I mention it's Christmas Eve!? And we're at school!? Lame. Anyway, there's not much for me to do, so I'm playing on facebook and updating my blog. I just got a text from Paul, "There's a santa suit on my desk." hahahaha sucker.

For a country that claims to be predominately Christian, it's interesting to see their take on Christmas. They go to church Christmas morning, but then everyone either goes to the sea or to Carribean Bay which is a waterpark. It's not really a family celebration. Just kind of a day off school. Most schools dont even have off next week!!!

For my Christmas I am doing a lot of celebrating. Tonight a bunch of us are heading down to the Intercontinental hotel for a wine buffet. Its usually 30,000 won from 6-9 and its all you can drink wine, beer, magkeolli, and they have a hot bar and cheese and salads. It's a deal. Tonight we're going and it's 60,000 won but we were told they're be steak and better food, and whiskey. Nothing says happy birthday Jesus like whiskey.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up and unwrapping all (tons!) of my presents with my family via Skype. Theyre going to open their box from me as well. I got cinammon rolls from base and I'm sure my family will be sipping on Bailey's. Then in the evening I will head over to a suite in the Ritz Carolton for dinner. My friend Donnie has kindly booked the room and catered a feast for 25 of his closest friends...even though we aren't that close. Should be a blast!

I wish I were at home with friends and family, but if not, this is a close second. I love you all and wish you a Merry Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment