Monday, February 21, 2011

decision made

I've been racking my brain thinking of new and different approaches to find jobs in Hong Kong. Applying over the internet just doesn't seem to be hacking it. I have decided that I cannot get a job because people a) don't take it seriously that I would move to Hong Kong or b) don't want to sponsor my work visa/moving costs. It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I don't speak Mandarin. So in an effort to make myself more marketable/just harder to avoid, I am moving to Hong Kong. Paul and I agreed yesterday that if I still don't have a job come August, we'll pack up and move to HK and just live hand to mouth til I find one. He in the mean time will be actively searching for teaching positions. So yeah, life plan parte 3,000 is now in affect.

Paul and Lauren HK August 2011.

1 comment: