Saturday, June 5, 2010

M C Ps invade the ROK

After a pretty uneventful night Tuesday (no school Wednesday due to voting) and needlessly staying up til 5am, Emily comes in and wakes me up at 9. IT'S POOL DAY! This is the first "summer" feeling day we've had and most people don't have school. We arrive, not even first, at 10 am and stay until 5. I get a great tan, a slight buzz, and super excited to see my parents that night!

After showering I start walking to the subway to go to the airport. My excitement has been building since my parents booked their trip, but now I start thinking about actually seeing them at the airport and I start tearing up. What's wrong with me!? ha. I haven't seen them in 9 months which is definitely the longest I have ever gone without seeing my parents. I gather myself and get on the train. A few minutes later CA (Carolann) calls:

"So you gonna cry?"

Totally. I arrive at the airport just as my parents are supposed to land (stupid subway takes wayyyy too long) and start panicing that I won't be able to find them. I didn't write down flight info or anything, I just know they're coming in at 8:50 from Tokyo. Then there she is. I see my mom from across the airport, back to me, sitting on a bench. I immediately start bawling, run up behind her, and give her a big hug. I scared the hell out of my mom!!! She thought there was something wrong and couldn't understand what was wrong with me. haha perhaps it was the few beers, but mostly I think I'm just emotional to see my mommy after so long! I pull myself together and then I see my dad walking up to us. I lose it again. hahah. Eventually I become a real person again and we depart on the bus to the Hamilton.

The Hamilton rooms are actually really nice, and the best part of staying there is that my parents can get us 1/2 price discounts to the pool!!! And it's only a 15 minute walk from my apartment. My mom starts to unpack. SHe pulls out 4 bags....for ME!!!

Bag 1:
food! avocados (6!), feta cheese, teddy grahams, graham crackers, 3 boxes of teas, honey, animal crackers...etc. It was amazing

Bag 2:
toiletries. tooth paste, razors, lotions, sunblock...asa!

Bags 3 and 4:
CLOTHES, CLOTHES, and more CLOTHES!!! She brought tons of tanks, pants, dresses, shorts, new flips, and then also went into my room and brought some of my old tanks. Most of which I forgot I even had.

It was Christmas in June. And my parents are here for an entire week!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment