Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just the Paperwork

Paul has accepted a position as a kindy teacher at Tutor Time in Hong Kong. Now they just need to process the documentation for the visa and we're good to go!

Although the school has a reputation for overworking their employees (ahem working Saturdays 8-1), and the area of HK is not the most desirable (read: very Chinese), they do provide (shared) housing and will sponsor his visa, which no other company throughout Paul's search has been willing to accommodate both those requirements. I think the best part of it is that Paul is super excited about it. He's been pushing for this school and I was kind of telling him to hold back, check out other options, wait to see what else comes up. But after all his searching and applying, he's still sticking with this one, so hopefully it's a winner. If not he'll just work there until I find a job and we can move out! Perhaps I should start job searching...next week. We have something locked down, and now we get to start bombarding them with the million questions we have. Can we mail our stuff there in June, most importantly.

Exciting Ms. Han stories, well exciting to me at least, coming soon. For now it's off to meet my black friend Krissy for Wine Wednesdsy after her 2 week long hiatus in Malaysia.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job! I recently applied to Tutor Time (in Hong Kong as well). I sent them an email last week but I have yet to hear back from them. Would you be kind of enough to tell me the approximate time line of the interview (from start to hire)? As well as what kind of interviews will I have to go through...phone/in person interview..etc. Did they call you about the job offer or did they write an email? If possible, please email me at alexhenderson82@gmail.com. Thanks for your help and enjoy Hong Kong :-)

    ReplyDelete